Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Ongoing Helmand raids declared ‘successful’

Ongoing Helmand raids declared ‘successful’

By
On
Oct 13, 2017 - 17:14

LASHKARGAH (Pajhwok): Government officials in southern Helmand province on Friday declared as successful ongoing security operations in and near Lashkargah, the provincial capital.

Omar Zwak, the governor’s spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News that the joint forces’ operation was launched yesterday in Babaji area of Lashkargah and Nad Ali and Marja districts.

He said so far 18 Talibaninfo-icon militants had suffered casualties during the operations that resulted in the seizure of weapons and ammunition as well. He said so far four security personnel had been injured during the raids.

A police official said the Taliban had been unable to put up resistance due to airstrikes.

However, a Taliban spokesman, Qari Yousaf Ahmadi, said the fighters had blocked the security forces from advancing.

He said the government forces were also inflicted heavy casualties during clashes in Sangin and Nawa districts.

ma

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update