Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

MoRRD executes 41,000 projects in 3 years

MoRRD executes 41,000 projects in 3 years

By
On
Oct 08, 2017 - 17:55

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MoRRD) on Sunday announced executing nearly 41,000 projects at a cost of $916 million over the past three years across the county.

Akbar Rostami, MoRRD spokesman, told a press conference in Kabul that about 40,967 development projects in total were implemented during the period.

He said the schemes were related to transportation, irrigation, electricity, educationinfo-icon, healthinfo-icon, rural development, capacity building and employment for peace, water supply and sanitation.

The total cost on the projects was more than $916 million and the projects benefitted more than 11 million and 300 people in 18,600 villages in 381 districts of the 34 provinces.

Rostami said among the projects implemented, nearly 8,000 projects were road schemes.

About 60 percent of rural people have access to roads and the remaining 40 percent lacked access to the facility, said the official, who claimed efforts were ongoing to reduce the problem over the next four years.

He complained militants were preventing projects from being implemented, which showed their enmity with people’s welfare.

sa/ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update