Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Airstrikes leave 50 rebels dead in Khost: MoD

Airstrikes leave 50 rebels dead in Khost: MoD

By
On
Aug 05, 2017 - 18:42

KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): Nearly 50 insurgents have been killed during air raids in southeastern Khost province, said the Ministry of Defence (MoD) on Saturday.

A statement from the MoD said the airstrikes were carried out in Mosakhel district of the province on Friday. It said more than 50 rebels had been killed in the blitz.

The Musakhel district chief, Mangal, told Pajhwok Afghan News the airstrikes were conducted in Pirai area of the district on Friday afternoon.

He said they had also been informed about the perishing of 50 insurgents in the strikes. .

The Talibaninfo-icon militant group is yet to comment on their casualties.

sns/ma

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update