Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Daesh denies its fighters killed in MOAB attack

Daesh denies its fighters killed in MOAB attack

By
On
Apr 17, 2017 - 20:55

JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Daesh or Islamic State (IS) on Monday claimed it had lost no fighter to the GBU-43/B strike by the US military on their cave network in Achin district of eastern Nangarhar province.

Local officials say more than 90 Islamic State (Daesh) fighters were killed and large amount of ammunition destroyed when a US aircraft dropped the giant bomb also known as Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB)  on a cave complex in Achin district near the Pakistani border.

Four days after the attack, Daesh brought its radio, Khilafat Ghag (Caliphate Voice), back on the air and said none of its fighters was hurt in the blast as the bomb was dropped elsewhere.

The radio station, which was heard in most parts of Nangarhar province, talked about the GBU-43/B, a largest non-nuclear bomb, attack on the militant group throughout Sunday.

The radio also reported about Daesh activities in Syria, Iraq and Pakistaninfo-icon.

A presenter on the radio, Sultan Aziz Azam, said the killing of Daesh fighters in the massive bombing was just a rumor. No Daesh member was hurt in the attack, he said.

The radio also interviewed a man named Amirul Harb, who introduced himself as a Daesh-Khurasan member, said. “Our friends were safe in the attack.”

The radio presenter and other Daesh members said the bomb was not dropped on their friends but on an open area.

After using for the first time the GBU-43/B bomb by the US in Achin, the Khilafat Ghag radio station had increased its propaganda and the attack remained main topic on the radio.

The FM radio broadcasts its programs in Pashtoinfo-icon language in the morning and in evening. It is hearable in Jalalabad city, the provincial capital, and many other parts of the province.

As usual, the radio station called other media outlets as slaves and satanic media sources of the US.

Nangarhar police spokesman, Hazrat Hussain Mashraqiwal and Achin district chief Ismail Shinwari said they did not heard the Daesh-run radio’s recent broadcast.

However, the governor’s spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani, said the militant group reactivated its radio and started propaganda against the government following the giant bomb attack.

He said they were aware of the radio that could be heard in Jalalabad and many other areas of Nangarhar.

“We are trying to find the location of this radio station and destroy it as soon as possible,” he said.

The Ministry of Defense (MoD) last year said the radio station had been destroyed.

mds/ma

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update